Friday, May 23, 2008

Moving and Adjustments...

Year 2006 when I moved here in the states to be with my loving husband Gary. I never imagined that i will be having my own family in the place where i have no idea what's in store for me, I just followed my heart and im pretty sure that destiny brought me here.
I will be missing my family and friends back home for sure but i believe everyone has to move on and build their own life.

2:45pm It was snowing in Detroit, MI when the plane touched down that was the first US state i stopped and had to wait at the airport for my connecting flight to NC. I have found out that learning didnt stop from school cause i felt like im back to elementary level when i came here in the US, i have to struggle with the grammar, The people have different accent depends on what state they are from and what happen is that people constantly moving from one state to another. The main reason is Job demand, Weather or probably lovelife.
I notice the politeness of americans. Shaking hands to people who they meet, Hug the elders, Smile and say Hi/Hello to every people they see (as in every people)

WEATHER. here in NC its good and bad Good= cause we have 4 season Winter, Spring,Summer and Fall you can experience the different season which is pretty amazing oh I love the Snow and on Fall season leaves turns from green to orange. What is the
Bad= every season we have to change our clothes Im talking from 4 layered clothes to tank top its kinda expensive if you think about it.I've been here for 2years and a half i still cant get used to the cold weather.

SIZE. size matters here from XS-XXXL, back home we only have S-M-L probably we have XL now, Me being a petite im XS in womens section but i usually go to KIDS section... it sucks.. but i dont have any choice and that situation actually made my husband buy me a Sewing Machine (he's so sweet) that way i can buy clothes appropriate to my age if its long then i just "sew it away"
FOODS. 1 person meal here is good for 4 person in the philippines. Its HUGE!! I can never finish my food even if im so hungry. Had to take home my leftover all the time.

There is a lot more things that i wanted to share with you but i better stop at this point cause ill bore you guys to death.

Im excited to blog more of my experiences so, until next time!!

0 comments: